The aim of this session is to review the operational principles covering ship or barge receipt and delivery operations, outlining the safety, operational and key process steps relevant to these activities.
How will I be assessed?
By way of written examination
At the end of this session you will be able to:
- List core responsibilities of the jetty operator
- Identify hazards applicable to jetty operations
- Identify key features of the jetty
- Detail PPE including core features of life jackets
- Outline documentation requirements and key aspects of ship/shore checklist
- Detail core responsibilities for the jetty operator relevant to discharge and loading operations