This course outlines the importance that process safety management plays within the high hazard sector, exploring the Hazardous Installations Directorate Major Hazard Management System covering:
- Hazard identification
- Risk assessment and profiling
- Control measures or barriers
- Check, measure and review
Good process safety doesn’t happen by chance and helps prevent incidents before they happen.
How will I be assessed?
- IOSH Approved Online Test
At the end of this session, you will be able to:
- Identify the impact of poor process safety management and role of the Regulator
- Identify the tools that contribute to process safety management
- Understand the role that leadership plays in the major hazard management systems
- Recognise how to embed a good safety culture and identify the components of competence
- List and identify the tools that can be used to identify major accident hazards
- Understand the tools that can be used to assess risk associated with hazardous substances and processes
- Understand the concept of inherently safer design and barriers used to prevent, control and mitigate hazard realisation including emergency response procedures