Level 2 award Principles of Process Safety Management course information
The Level 2 Award in the Principles of Process Safety Management qualification requires the learner to prove the appropriate level of knowledge and understanding vital for those working in the high hazard industry who have operational and maintenance responsibilities within process safety management.
This nationally recognised qualification is specifically designed to outline the importance that process safety management plays within the high hazard sector, identifying the key areas of inherent safety, prevention, control, mitigation and human factors.
The course consists of a two-day workshop plus 1 site visit/assessment and self-study time.
Tell me about this course
- Understand the impact of ineffective process safety management
- Understand the role of the competent authority regarding process safety management
- Understand the principles of leadership in effective process safety management
- Understand how to identify the major accident hazards
- Understand how to evaluate, interpret and profile risks, throughout the process plant lifecycle, associated with the major accident hazards
- Understand process safety barriers and the concept of inherent safety
- Understand how to investigate process safety management systems and processes
- Understand own responsibility regarding associated regulations, systems and industry models associated with effective process safety management
- Understand how and why continuous improvement is required for an effective process safety management system
The two-day workshop comprises of the IOSH Accredited ‘Principles of Process Safety Management’ or an equivalent type course.
Upon successful completion of the course, the learner is then required to produce suitable and sufficient work product/evidence, against the assessment criteria, to support their knowledge and understanding of the principles of process safety management, in the work-place.
Please Note: This is a learner-led qualification and actual completion time is dependent on evidence generation and portfolio submission by the learner.
Download unit handbook:
Health and safety training syllabus 2017-18
Have a flick through, download and share our health and safety training syllabus 2017-18