Tell me about this course
The Level 2 Certificate in the Practice of Process Safety Management qualification requires the learner to prove the appropriate level of knowledge, understanding and occupational competence required of those working in the High Hazard Industry who have operational and maintenance responsibilities within process safety management.
The expectation is for the learner to demonstrate their competence in the work environment to the level expected of their occupational role.
This nationally recognised qualification is specifically designed to outline the importance process safety management plays within the high hazard sector, identifying the key areas of inherent safety, prevention, control, mitigation and human factors.
This course consists of four site visits / assessments plus the requirements of the PAAVQSet – Level 2 Award in the Principles of Process Safety Management Qualification.
Tell me about this course
- Contribute to leading in effective process safety management
- Commit to effective process safety management
- Communicate effective process safety management requirements to relevant stakeholders
- Use and promote process safety management requirements and goals
- Identify the hazard identification tools relevant to effective process safety management
- Demonstrate the correct use of the hazard identification tools relevant to effective process safety management
- Identify the essential information generated from the hazard identification process
- Identify the risk assessment tools relevant to effective process safety management
- Contribute to carrying out the risk assessment process
- Contribute to a risk control action plan
- Demonstrate how inherently safer processes and process safety barriers are deployed
- Demonstrate involvement in the implementation of prevention, control and mitigation process safety barriers
- Operate process safety systems
- Maintain standards, procedures and policies relevant for effective process safety management
- Contribute to the management of change process
- Use safety critical tasks and equipment
- Carry out inspection and maintenance as required by schedules to deliver effective process safety management
- Perform appropriate actions for the Emergency Response Plan
- Demonstrate involvement in the accident investigation process
- Demonstrate involvement in the audit process
- Contribute to the delivery of Process Safety Performance Indicators (Leading and Lagging) in the work environment
- Contribute to the process safety improvement plans in the work environment
- Understand the Process Safety Leadership Group and their core principles
- Understand the relevant frameworks for effective process safety management
- Understand the relevant regulations
- Understand the Competent Authority
The learner is required to demonstrate performance of the practice of process safety management, in the workplace, using observation and a range of other assessment techniques.
Please Note: This is a learner-led qualification and actual completion time is dependent on evidence generation and portfolio submission by the learner.