Tell me about this course
The Level 5 Diploma in the Practice of Process Safety Management qualification requires the learner to prove the appropriate level of knowledge, understanding and occupational competence required of those working in the High Hazard Industry who have operational and maintenance responsibilities within process safety management.
The expectation is for the learner to be able to demonstrate their competence in the work environment to the level expected of their occupational role.
This nationally recognised qualification is specifically designed to outline the importance process safety management plays within the high hazard sector, identifying the key areas of inherent safety, prevention, control, mitigation, human factors and the requirements of implementation.
This level 5 diploma addresses the skills required to demonstrate an active leadership role, within an effective process safety management system,in the work environment.
The course will consist of five site visits / assessments plus the requirements of the PAAVQSet – Level 5 Certificate in the Principles of Process Safety Management Qualification.
Tell me about this course
- Lead in effective process safety management
- Demonstrate commitment to effective process safety management
- Take responsibility for effective process safety management
- Encourage and involve the workforce to lead in effective process safety management
- Effectively communicate process safety management requirements to all stakeholders
- Define and implement effective process safety management policy requirements and goals
- Evaluate the range of hazard identification tools relevant to effective process safety management
- Demonstrate the correct use of the hazard identification tools relevant to process safety management
- Analyse information generated from the hazard identification process
- Record and communicate information generated from the hazard identification process
- Evaluate the risk assessment tools relevant to effective process safety management
- Manage the risk assessment process
- Develop and implement a risk control action plan
- Implement requirements of the Process Safety Management System
- Demonstrate inherently safer process and practices
- Analyse prevention, control and mitigation process safety barriers
- valuate and implement prevention, control and mitigation process safety barriers
- Manage process operations in relation to effective process safety management
- Implement standards, procedures and policies relevant for effective process safety management
- Implement and evaluate Permit to Work systems
- Ensure the effectiveness of safety critical tasks and equipment
- Evaluate and implement inspection and maintenance schedules rewired for effective process safety management
- Implement contractor and employee selection processes relevant to effective process safety management
- Evaluate and implement appropriate actions for the Emergency Response Plan
- Manage accident investigation
- Manage the audit process
- Manage the implementation of Process Safety Performance Indicators (Leading and Lagging)
- Demonstrate how process safety information is communicated and improvements implemented
- Prepare and produce a process safety management improvement plan
- Understand the Process Safety Leadership Group and implementation of their core principles
- Understand the relevant frameworks for effective process safety management
- Understand the main duties required by relevant regulations
- Understand the Competent Authority and commitment requirements
The learner is required to demonstrate performance of the practice of process safety management, in the workplace, using observation and a range of other assessment techniques.
Please note: This is a learner-led qualification and actual completion time is dependent on evidence generation and portfolio submission by the learner.
Download unit handbook:
Health and safety training syllabus 2017-18
Have a flick through, download and share our health and safety training syllabus 2017-18