The QA Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid (RQF) qualification has been designed in-line with the current Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) requirements and is ideal for:
- Those who have gained a level 2 or 3 childcare qualification and have entered into an early years setting and wish to be included in the staff to child ratios to comply with the EYFS requirements.
- Anyone who cares for infants and children, such as parents, guardians, grandparents or those who have an involvement with infants and children and want to learn key paediatric first aid skills.
Successful candidates will learn the roles and responsibilities of the emergency paediatric first aider, and will be equipped with the skills needed to deal with a range of paediatric first aid situations, such as performing CPR and controlling external bleeding.
- The roles and responsibilities of an emergency paediatric first aider
- Assessing an emergency situation
- Dealing with an unresponsive infant or child
- Recovery position
- CPR and AED
- Minor injuries
- Bites and stings
- External bleeding
- Hypovolemic shock