The aim is to enable an individual to understand, customise and deliver a training package appropriately for the audience.
On completion of the course learners should be able to:
- Understand the training to be delivered and be able to personalise it for their own delivery
- Understand the receiving audience, and be able to customise the training to suit
- Understand different approaches to involving participants (syndicates, brainstorming etc), and to select and use appropriate delivery methods
- Be able to structure and deliver an effective training session
- Deliver a short training session during the course and receive feedback
- Individuals will be better able to personalise training to be delivered to suit their style and the needs of the situation
- Individuals will increase their confidence in training delivery and be better motivated
- Learners will benefit more from the training received.
There are no specific pre-requisites however To focus on the key subject, individuals should already have skills in assertiveness; recognising body language; active listening; and basic presentation skills.
Important: Delegates should come to the course with a training session that they can use for practice during the day.
The course is delivered as a bespoke training course in a training room environment and lasts one day from 0830 to 1700. The afternoon is spent with individuals having the opportunity to actually deliver a training session and receive personal feedback
During the one day interactive session the following content will be addressed:
- Difference between Training and Presenting
- Characteristics of an Effective Trainer
- Understanding your materials
- Developing Learning Objectives
- Structuring the training event
- Introductory sessions
- ‘Traditional’ techniques (syndicates, brainstorming etc)
- Accelerated Learning techniques (Mind mapping, card sorts etc)
- Concluding the event
- Prepare the training environment
- Handling group discussions
- Training Delivery and feedback
Health and safety training syllabus 2017-18
Have a flick through, download and share our health and safety training syllabus 2017-18