The biggest event in the bulk liquid storage calendar is the Tank Storage Association (TSA) Exhibition and Conference, which returned to the CBS Arena in Coventry on the 21st of September. And, here at Reynolds Training Services, we were thrilled to be participating in the prestigious event as the official bag sponsor.
The event is a key date for Reynolds Training Services, and has earned its status as the UK’s leading industry exhibition – bringing together a community of like-minded people who care about effective bulk liquid storage operations. We were excited to showcase blended learning solutions, industry-focused training courses and the power of apprenticeships in shaping the future of the tank storage sector.
Table of contents
- Virtual Reynolds was a hit!
- Empowering the future – What is the TSA Conference & Exhibition?
- Investing in the future – Reynolds Training and VR
- Apprenticeships in the future – Take action now!
Introducing Virtual Reynolds to the World
We are proud and delighted to confirm that our Virtual Reynolds 3D VR presentation was a massive hit – literally everyone we spoke to was blown away by the experience and excited about the possibilities that this cutting-edge technology offers.
This is very gratifying after many months of work. But, this is just the beginning – the first hint of the shape of things to come:
TSA Conference & Exhibition – Empowering The Future
The TSA Conference & Exhibition is a highly-regarded event in the tank storage industry. It serves as an important platform for professionals, companies and organisations involved in the storage of bulk liquids, including chemicals, petrochemicals, oil and other critical substances. Here’s what makes it so successful year-on-year:
1. Amazing networking opportunities
Gathering together industry experts, decision-makers and stakeholders, the event builds connections between potential clients, suppliers, partners and peers to establish valuable relationships and collaborations.
2. Important industry insights
The event boasted a diverse program of presentations from experts in their fields, including Mental Wellbeing in the Tank Storage Sector, How to be Fit for Purpose in the 21st Century, Next Steps for Terminal Infrastructure, and Health and Safety in the Changing Energy Landscape.
3. Powerful product & service showcases
We’ve always enjoyed the chance to meet many innovative exhibitors and explore their latest developments, emerging technologies and equipment – getting to see, firsthand, how these can enhance the efficiency, safety and compliance of operations.
4. Knowledge, intelligence & compliance
The TSA Conference & Exhibition is also a chance to talk shop with the world’s leading professionals in Market Analysis, Industry Forecasts, Expansion Strategies and Best Practices. Experts also share experiences, challenges and guidance on areas such as navigating complex compliance requirements.
5. Development, expansion & competition
The conference is an avenue for growth – both personally and professionally. On an individual level, we always feel that it has helped enhance our skills and knowledge, helping us to stay ahead of the curve. From a business perspective, there are opportunities to expand into new markets, seek investment opportunities and forge strategic partnerships.
Reynolds Training Services – Investing In The Future
Industry evolves, learning should too. The Reynolds Training team set to make a significant impact by showcasing cutting-edge blended learning solutions, including Virtual Reynolds.
Virtual Reynolds, making safety a reality
One of the main highlights of our stand was the soon-to-be-launched Virtual Reynolds, a groundbreaking virtual reality-based learning platform. Through our immersive and interactive training modules, we provide a safe and controlled environment for individuals and teams to learn and practise essential industrial safety skills.
Virtual Reynolds enables learners to immerse themselves in realistic scenarios, enhancing their understanding of complex processes and safety protocols. This technology not only makes training more engaging but also more effective, ensuring workers are equipped to tackle the challenges they may face in their roles. At the CBS Arena in Coventry, we invited attendees to put on the Virtual Reynolds’ headset and enter our emulated tank farm and training plant.
This demo was a world’s first!
With a range of industry-leading courses at your fingertips, explore a new world of training possibilities for your business and get ready to change the way your site safety trains.
Training courses, by industry for industry
Our commitment to excellence is exemplified through our comprehensive training courses, backed by the world’s leading awarding bodies – NEBOSH, IOSH, GQA, Qualsafe and our own Reynolds courses. At the TSA Conference & Exhibition, attendees had the opportunity to discover and discuss a wide range of health and safety courses, covering:
- Process Safety: In an industry where safety is of utmost importance, Process Safety courses equip individuals with the knowledge and skills to mitigate risks, prevent accidents, and ensure well-being of all involved.
- Emergency Response: Rapid and effective response to emergencies is critical in the tank storage sector. Reynolds Training Services offers courses that prepare individuals to handle various emergency situations with confidence and competence.
- Workplace Health & Safety: A safe working environment is essential. Our Workplace Health & Safety courses empower organisations to create and maintain safe workplaces, reducing accidents and ensuring regulations are followed.
- Competence Management: Building and maintaining a skilled workforce is key to success. Our Competence courses help businesses in nurturing talent and fostering growth within their teams.
These courses ensure employees receive the highest standards of quality and relevance. However, they’re not just about acquiring knowledge, but building a culture of safety, competence, and excellence within the tank storage industry. Importantly, they are flexible to suit your needs – so can be taken at your site, our site, or online.
Apprenticeships for 2024, action now
Looking for an apprentice next year? Missed the boat this year? Get on board now. We strongly encourage companies who are considering taking on apprentices in 2024 to start the process now. This not only helps to secure your organisation’s future, but also costs virtually nothing – thanks to the Apprenticeship Levy Fund. At the TSA Conference & Exhibition, we chatted more about this, along with the benefits of investing in apprenticeships:
- Skilled workforce: Train talent to meet your specific needs, ensuring that your team is highly skilled and aligned with your goals.
- Increased safety: Promote a culture of safety from the very beginning, instilling best practices and safety protocols in new recruits.
- Customisation: Tailor to match your unique requirements, aligning training perfectly with your business processes.
- Cost-effectiveness: Leverage the Apprenticeship Levy Fund to significantly reduce the financial burden of training new talent, making it an attractive option for businesses of all sizes.
At Reynolds Training, we’ve pioneered the use of apprenticeships as a way of ensuring industry has a pipeline of qualified and experienced new Operators to keep the fuel flowing and secure the transition of future fuels. Unleash the potential of your workforce for a skilled and safer future.
A busy day on Stand 48
To say that the TSA Exhibition & Conference 2023 was a success would be a massive understatement.
We were so busy this year, showing an endless stream of fascinated delegates what we’re doing with VR, we didn’t get a lot of time to wander the halls and see what else was on offer. A great problem to have!
What was even better, was the way that word got round and people came to us. It was great to meet up with old friends, and make many new ones – including individuals from:
We also caught up with our great friends, Peter Davidson and Nunzia Florio, of the TSA itself and talked at length with Greg Emmenis from Tank Storage magazine and Margaret Major from Fuel Oil News.
If you’d like to know what all the fuss was about, pop over to the Virtual Reynolds page. Don’t forget, if you have any questions about how we can work together to use VR to enhance your own training provision, just get in touch by phone or by filling in the form, below.