The NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management covers the practical issues of managing environmental risk. The syllabus takes a risk management approach based on best practice and international industry standards.
Tell Me about this course
The NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management consists of two units, each separately assessed:
- Management and control of environmental hazards (EC1)
- Environmental practical application (EC2)
Unit EC1: Management control of environmental hazards
Management control of environmental hazards is divided into nine elements:
- Element 1 – Foundations in Environmental Management
- Element 2 – Environmental Management Systems
- Element 3 – Environmental Impact Assessments
- Element 4 – Controls of Emissions to Air
- Element 5 – Control of Contamination of Water Resources
- Element 6 – Solid Waste and Land Use
- Element 7 – Sources and use of Energy and Energy Efficiency
- Element 8 – Control of Environmental Noise
- Element 9 – Planning for and Dealing with Emergencies
Unit EC2: Environmental Practical Application
You will need to complete an Environmental Review and write a report to management regarding the review with recommendations, using the NEBOSH Environmental Review Report template.
The report should clearly identify:
- The nature and location of each environmental issue
- The degree of risk associated with the environmental issue
- Preventative and protective environmental measures already in place
- The remedial actions, where appropriate, with relevant prioritisation
Download NEBOSH course flyer
HOW WILL I BE ASSESSED?
By way of a written exam set by NEBOSH.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE COURSE COSTS
- 5 consecutive block days of study
- One day structured revision focused on the NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management
- Half Day NEBOSH Exam
- Lunch and refreshments throughout the course
- Study materials
HOW DO I START LEARNING?
Get started on the NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management or view the course calendar.
[cta_button]Make me safe[/cta_button]