The British Lung Foundation has launched a new campaign to raise awareness amongst tradesmen about the dangers of asbestos.
‘Take 5 and Stay Alive’ sets down five key steps to empower workers with the tools to identity asbestos and how to deal with it safely.
Tradesmen are advised to take a moment and ask themselves:
- Do you suspect there’s asbestos on site?
- Can you be sure it’s asbestos?
- What’s the level of risk and how do you handle it safely?
- Have you had the right type of training?
- Are you taking precautions to minimise the risks?
Asbestos was commonly used in homes and commercial buildings until 1999 when it was finally banned. Even so, it remains the biggest on-the-job killer of tradespeople in the UK.
Take 5 and Stay Alive – Asbestos Safety TV Ad
Go To Take 5 and Stay Alive And Find Out More
- Guide to Process Safety Leadership PSLG Principles
- Peeling back the layers of protection
- UK press “mocks” health and safety says HSE chair
- HSE chair puts leadership at the heart of process safety
- 5 things employers should know about oil and gas workers
- Free personal protective equipment training for your site
- The art of industrial safety: personal protective equipment