The Energy Institute’s Containment Systems Working Group has commissioned IKM Consulting Ltd to spearhead a research project into the safety of secondary containment which sits underneath aboveground storage tanks.
The research project is set to focus on tanks at major high hazard sites which are subject to EC Seveso II Directive and, in Great Britain, COMAH Regulations and the Competent Authority Containment Policy.
IKM Consulting Ltd plans to survey operators and key stakeholders such as regulators, trade associations and specialist contractors with the aim of generating firsthand data around this area of containment.
Undertaking the Questionnaire
Those involved in secondary containment for large bulk storage facilities are being asked to undertake this questionnaire which covers an array of issues, including:
- The selection of secondary containment measures
- The installation of secondary containment measures – including, for example, procurement and quality control
- The long term assurance of secondary containment measures
The Energy Institute assures that all questionnaire responses are confidential and that data will only be used in an anonymous/processed format within the research project.
By actively undertaking the questionnaire – which closes 29th November, 2013 – participants also have the option to be kept updated with the progress of the research report.
- Guide to Process Safety Leadership PSLG Principles
- Peeling back the layers of protection
- UK press “mocks” health and safety says HSE chair
- HSE chair puts leadership at the heart of process safety
- 5 things employers should know about oil and gas workers
- Free personal protective equipment training for your site
- The art of industrial safety: personal protective equipment